Sunday, August 12, 2012

Homemade Miyakos (Japanese Hibachi Style Yummy-ness)

So, I found a recipe on Pinterest for YumYum Sauce  and got the bright idea to try a homemade Japanese Hibachi-style dinner.  It turned out A.W.E.S.O.M.E.  I don’t even say that because I closed the night with wine.  I say that because it was amazeballs.  My 2 year old daughter gobbled it up.  My husband gobbled it up and even my neighbor gobbled it up.  I also happened to gobble it up. 
DSC_0766
Chopping up the veggies
DSC_0767
Oh, we didn’t eat her for dinner… but the cutest 2 year old EVER. (tell me this isn’t a total look into the future… she looks SO OLD)
DSC_0769
The mushrooms, squash, zucchini and carrots all chopped up
DSC_0772
DSC_0775
The rice… I half cheated and found a recipe for the fried rice in the rice cooker… I swear it’s under there!!!!
DSC_0776
The final countdown…. I mean- the end result!  AMAZEBALLS. (also……)
DSC_0779
I was shocked at how good it turned out.  It wasn’t all that hard either.  I did NO hibachi skilled tricks.  Blood would have been shed!  It was seriously soooooooo good!!!! 

The recipes are all linked in the descriptions below the pictures!  I ended up using our griddle for the steak and shrimp.  Probably could have used it for the veggies too, but I’m a little too OCD to really allow that to happen.  I needed a skillet with sides and easier clean-up.  I realized with the steak that the griddle was tilted downwards so it made it harder to keep the seasonings on it.  So I decided to just throw all the butter, oil and soy sauce into a bowl with the shrimps and let them sit.  Then I threw the whole bowl onto the griddle.  It worked perfectly!  I also threw a bag of mixed veggies into the rice instead of just corn.  We had planned on adding an egg to make it a true fried rice dish… but forgot.  I also forgot to refrigerate the YumYum sauce overnight.  It ended up being a few hours.  Came out perfectly also.  I plan on making this at least once a month.  It was amazing.  I loved it.  Everyone loved it.  They kept telling me!  Try it.  You will love it!

PS.  The hubs made some awesome homemade bread to go with dinner tonight.  He was upset that I didn't give him a shout out.  I said I was sorry, but I was so focused on the actual Miyakos style dinner.  But really... his bread is always awesome.  He is the baker no doubt.  This bread was french bread with some Italian Seasoning in it.  YUMMMMMMMY.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious! Thanks for the link - I hope the shrimp turned out well for you! I just LOVE Japanese food. I'm biased, having grown up in Tokyo, but yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete