Thursday, September 6, 2012

Playing “I have two kids”

Now that my “niece” Mackenzie is two months old, I get the pleasure of watching her a couple times a week.  I LOVE IT.  I am considering this my practice for whenever we have a second baby!  Charli is so good with her!  She is at that age where she wants to help out with everything and what better way than with a baby. 

Charli and Mackenzie

She insisted, pushed me away in fact.  She had a good deal of patience too considering Mac takes forever to eat!  My little helper!

Charli and Mac

Loving on her some Mac.

The first day we had Mackenzie… we also had our first ever Behavioral Therapy session, a speech therapy session and a shortened nap.  Lucky she didn’t riot against her HA.

The second day I had Mackenzie, it was alone.  No Aaron to help out.  I thought for sure Charli was going to have some jealousy issues since I have to give more attention to Mac.  Nope, Charli just chipped in and helped as much as a 2 year old can.  Because Mac is still portable (I can set her up in the Boppy on the floor next to us) I think it will be ok for Charli.  She did definitely try to climb all over us, but that’s too be expected.  I am sure we will run into issues later.  We just threw a ton of changes at her all at once.  Preschool, intruder (Mackenzie), behavioral therapy, MOPS again (more time away from Mommy)… this could get interesting.

This just solidifies what I’ve always wanted… tons of kids and lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment