Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Freezer Meals!!!!

So I finally broke down and tried out the freezer meal method!!!!  I LOVE IT!  I decided to use a good deal of our stock of chicken and pork!  So therefore all the ingredients I ended up needing cost me about 90 bucks!  I ended up with 16-18 dinners (some can be split again depending on how hungry we end up being) and lots of breakfasts!  The day I did it, I also ended up cooking dinner and put half of that away to freeze!  Tonight I also did that and will tomorrow (hopefully).  The bulk of the cooking was done in one day though.  I started at about 1030 in the morning and didn’t finish until around 7ish.  That wasn’t straight through though.  I took a couple little breaks like for lunch and dinner and just to sit down for a minute (to read 50 Shades of Grey!!).  I made a few things that required shredded chicken so I threw a bunch into a crockpot and let that do its magic while I got on other stuff.  I ended up making Skillet Lasagna (was supposed to be Lasagna Roll-ups but let’s just leave it at regular lasagna noodles and I DON’T get along… it was ugly), Egg Muffins (amazeballs!!!!!), Key West Chicken, Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps (I tweaked it some), Hawaiian Meatballs, Kalua Pork (I pulled the pork and then added the stuff to it), Colorado Chicken Chili (From Don’t Panic- Dinner’s in the Freezer), Hawaiian Chicken (also from Don’t Panic-Dinner’s in the Freezer), regular pulled pork, and Breakfast Burrito (from the same book).  I highly suggest the book!  I can’t wait to get the second edition too!  I also can’t wait to cook a lot more of the recipes!!!!!  All I wanted was to be able to spend more time with my family during the summer and not all in the kitchen!  Mission accomplished!

DSC_0656

The Breakfast Burritos!

DSC_0665

A good part of the haul….

DSC_0685

The Colorado Chicken Chili (with black beans instead of Northern Beans because I forgot to buy them and had the black beans!)  Reminds me of Tortilla Soup now!

So far we’ve tried a couple things and have LOVED everything!  I can’t wait until Fall/Winter to do a lot more soups and chilis!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment