Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I now have a 2 year old!

How in the world did that happen?  Tomorrow she will actually be 2 years old and 1 month.  So clearly I’m a little behind on this blog!  I can’t believe Charli is truly 2 now.  And 2 in every way!  I think she had a blast on her birthday! 

DSC_0486

We don’t know why, but she woke up acting very strange on her actual birthday.  By the end of the day she seemed alright! 

DSC_0504

By the end of the night she was in better spirits and loving her birthday gifts of sunglasses, a big girl pillow for her crib and I believe coloring books! 

birthday collage

Charli’s party was airplane themed!  CharliAir… where everyone flies first class!! We had an absolute blast!  We only had a few kiddos come so it made it really easy to just let them run free in the backyard with the sandbox and baby pool!  Man was there a lot of sand in that pool HAHA.  LOVED it.  Made me realize I love my house being full of kids!  Beware, hubby!

 

Having a two year old is a whole new experience.  It is as if she changed overnight!  Now she is even more independent and opinionated.  I LOVE IT.  We butt heads but really, that’s to be expected!  She has blossomed like crazy lately.  She has SOOOOO many words and phrases and gestures and quite the little personality.  We dog sat for a friend and she just benefited like you wouldn’t believe by having their awesome dog here!  If only we were allowed to have a dog or cat at our house (the only rule for us!!)  Her speech therapist even said she would seriously benefit from having a dog.  Hmmm, how to work on that one…

We tried potty training a couple times.  It didn’t quite go as planned.  I won’t push it with her though because she is such a hardheaded stubborn ornery child.  She will do it on her own when she is ready.  She is just that kind of kid.  I got told today that it’s amazing I can see that because most parents don’t get that and get so frustrated and make the whole experience that much harder.  That made me feel really good.  That means I have a pretty good understanding of Charli… as if you can ever say that of a parent HAHA. 

Everyday her little personality just shows more and more and more.  I wake up and can’t wait to see what is new with her now!  Just today she started calling me Mommy instead of Momma… it ages her.  It is so cute though.  My little baby girl is growing up way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment