Sunday, July 21, 2013

30 by 30

It’s been entirely too long since I last posted.  Life has been a little crazy and I just haven’t known what to write.  Things are good right now.  Health wise, still not so much.  But hopefully this next step in our journey will help that out.  I started to look into weight loss programs.  I figured I needed to do something drastic to get a jumpstart on the weight loss  After asking around, I heard about a program that FMH Wellness center offers.  I heard about quite a few success stories.  Then, I heard that they now take insurance for it.  It was just a matter of an orientation and then finding out if my insurance would cover it.  Thankfully, it does.  I only have to pay copays and for the food (which is kinda expensive!!!).  So here goes nothin…. I start tomorrow.  I already had all my medical prescreening done and got the go ahead.  I am so nervous.  I’ve always been adamant about NOT doing a diet like this.  I love food.  I don’t eat obscenely large portions, I don’t eat horribly unhealthy.  But I love food.  This diet is a liquid diet.  Shoot me now.  But after yesterday, I learned that there are times when I can replace a liquid meal with things like chicken and salad (as in spinach and no carb dressing).  I can handle that.  I can chew on occasion!  I also found out that they give you a recipe book to spice up your liquid meals.  You can make them into muffins, cookies, slushies, ice cream and so on.  They make sure you don’t get bored and in a rut.  I think I can, I think I can.  Here is the link to the program http://www.fmh.org/weightmanagement if anyone is interested. 

 

Just for fun, some pictures of the past few months….

DSC_0374

Last Day of Preschool

DSC_0396

IMG_3376

Niagra Falls- Maid of the Mist

IMG_3500

At a wedding

IMG_3543

Blowing bubbles

IMG_3598

Rockin the dance floor

IMG_3636

Being a goofball with blueberry pie

DSC_0416

At her birthday party

IMG_3716

Jumping on her new trampoline with Parker!

 

 

Hopefully I will get better at updating during my new weight loss journey! 

 

WISH ME LUCK Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment