Monday, August 19, 2013

JIMMY BUFFETT

So, I have now earned the title of BEST WIFE EVER This story begins back in TX…… We had plans for a game night with one set of friends… another set of friends called us saying they had FREE tickets for us to go see Jimmy Buffett because friends of theirs backed out.  Aaron LOVES Jimmy.  His dream concert/date/day is Jimmy Buffett.  He didn’t want to bail on our friends who we already had plans with… I understand that.. but this was an amazing opportunity and the friends would TOTALLY understand!  I’d expect them to do the same to us if a situation like this came up for them!!!  Long story short- we didn’t go.  Any time since then I’ve seen a concert near us, tickets were $150 each.  NOT HAPPENING.  Sorry babe.  So fast forward 4-5 years… I hear he is in town.  I go on my phone and look at ticket prices… $150.  I’m bummed.  I get home and look on the computer (I guess I couldn’t get everything going on my phone)…. tickets were reasonable.  Extremely reasonable.  I bought them.  I didn’t tell him.  I went and bought him some Margaritaville flip flops to add to the surprise.  THEN I found out that one of his friends and his gf (whom we hadn’t met yet *ahem* Picciano…..) were also going and we made plans to tailgate!  So Friday night I told Aaron about it (so I could figure out food for it…). He was excited.  We went and spent a couple hours before the concert with Picciano and Tori, went in, then hung out for an hour after.  IT WAS AWESOME. 

jimmy buffett

jimmy buffett2

See Aaron there…barely HA.  I am bad at group selfies! (and Tori all perfect HAHA)

jimmy buffett3

Be jealous… :)

It was so worth it!  Aaron was like a kid in a candy shop on Christmas morning!!!!  It was so cute!  Now we want to make it an annual thing.  We VERY RARELY get to go out out with friends without Charli.  We get time without her… but we usually stay at home or just go out to dinner at home…. This weekend was filled with so much friend time and fun!  It was perfect!  Busy but perfect!  We need more friend time and more time out childless doing fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment