Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! Recap of 2011

I hope everyone had a safe and funfilled New Year's Eve.  We got to leave Charli with my in-laws for the night and went to celebrate with some old college friends of mine!  It was awesome!  Well sorta.... I got really sick about 9pm... yes I'd been drinking... but only a couple drinks!!!  I ended up violently ill!  It was horrible!  I didn't feel better until today!  So clearly something was going on!  It ended up being a night that made me feel like I was back in college.  Aaron made a point in saying we were clearly getting old if some of the stuff bothered us.  I just laughed and said it shows we grew up and some people haven't.  Something that sometimes doesn't happen until kids come into the picture.  I was pretty entertained by most of the nights antics.  We ended up getting basically no sleep.  I still wasn't feeling well and our big air mattress deflated enough that it felt like we were on water... hello motion sickness!  I still managed to have fun though!  HAPPY  2012 :)

So 2011 recap:
  • Charli became teambaby to the best softball team in the state... No, really... THEY WON STATES!
  • Charli made it in the newspaper for a picture of her and Daddy at a game (Her PapaDaddy)
  • Daddy's softball team won the Maryland State Championship and Charli was featured in an article about them since she was team baby... for real the guy tried to interview her immediately following their win!
  • Charli celebrated her first birthday!  It was so fun!
  • We had a crawler, who eventually turned into a walker
  • We had a house.... lost a house... got approval on another house.  Waiting.
  • I suffered bad post partum depression.  It sucks.
  • Aaron marked 4 years with American Eagle Airlines
  • Aaron finally started getting the perfect schedule (welll... the schedule he requests!)  That is a HUGE thing to us :)
  • We bought our first car together... ok first car either of us ever bought.  
  • Aaron and I went through probably the roughest year of our marriage yet... we have prevailed
  • We had our first Christmas together where Aaron or I didn't have to call our of work! And New Year's and the Eve's
  • We went to Michigan to visit my Papa and Dad
  • Charli and Aaron got to meet one of my longest (oldest) best friends ever.  Friends since we were 4 and I got to meet her family!
  • My grandmother had to move out of her house that she's lived in since my mother was a preteen!  On a good note for that... we have all the furniture needed for a house!
  • We added a member to the family... Aaron's brother got married in July.  
All in all 2011 was a very interesting up and down year.  Hopefully 2012 will bring us all kinds of new adventures :) 

I have ONE resolution... to lose weight.  I need to get back in shape so that I can spend time with my daughter and not have all the issues I currently have!

No comments:

Post a Comment