Sunday, September 25, 2011

Feel Better Soup....

So desperation has set in.  I am over Charli being so congested and not being able to help her.  I have done all the tricks I am allowed to do since she is so young.  Humidifier, saline spray (don't get me started...), sleeping upright.... everything.  So today we bought her some tea and she loved it.  I also decided to research some natural ways to help her out.  I found this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-blended-veggie-get-better-soup-252493  The reviews of it aren't bad.  So I decided since we were going grocery shopping today, I'd try it out.  I was realllllllly leary of it for myself.  It has a bunch of things that I don't eat.  

Here we go.... 
 It's really just a ton of veggies all mixed together....
 I added half chicken stock and half water instead of all water....
 I also used a sweet potato instead of a baking potato (it's what we had and I figured it was more nutritious)
 I let it boil awhile and then simmered for 40 minutes.... All done and about to blend it now :)
 It looks DISGUSTING.....
Almost done blending it...

It was surprisingly really very good!  I drank an entire bowl of it.... I say drank because I ate it so fast HAHA. 

Now to see if Charli will eat it come tomorrow.... I'll update and let you know.  

Also making this tomorrow morning for MOPS: http://www.food.com/recipe/breakfast-casserole-with-a-biscuit-crust-132311  I CAN'T WAIT

No comments:

Post a Comment