Friday, September 16, 2011

I miss a lot of things...

First off, I miss cooking!  It's not so fun to do it when it's not your house and your stuff and all that.  I made this amazing awesomely good cauliflower tonight...   

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/balsamic_parmesan_roasted_cauliflower.html  This is the link for it!  I ended up having to sub apple cider vinegar instead of balsalmic because we didn't have any... But it was AHHHHH-MAZING.  I wanted to make more and eat it all day and all night.  Charli loved it too... It was gone before I even turned back around!!!!  

I tried to make her zucchini fries today.  Didn't work out too well.  While I wanted them to kinda dry out and be crispy... they stayed super soggy.  This is what I did:

Cut up one zucchini into strips the length you want.
Toss them in a bowl with a little EVOO and spices of your taste (I did parmesean herb)
I then steamed them for a little bit to cook them and then put them in the oven for about 10-15 mins.  I guess I should have just put them into the oven to begin with and maybe that would have worked better.  

Charli wouldn't eat them for some reason.  I loved them.  I have a whole other zucchini to try again with tomorrow so hopefully this works!  


Tonight was my 3rd camera class.  Next week is the last one!  I am not looking forward to it ending!  I am enjoying learning all I can about it.  I have a shopping list of things I would like for my camera haha.  POOOOR hubby!  He will lay down the law and say NO.  HAHA.  It will be my wish list.  Thankfully my teacher has told us a couple ways to get around all the bells and whistle extra parts until we can get them!  YAY.  

So on another note... I have been hardcore blog-stalking.  I am taking in all these DIY projects for decorating and refinishing and stuff like that.  I can't wait until we get our house and we can do stuff like that.  (Among other things).  I joined Pinterest yesterday.  I was hoping I would be able to find things and then blog-stalk... or learn how to do them.  I am so confused with the website HAHA.  
Ok, well I am going to try to focus this blog more on DIY and happy things.  I am SICK of being so depressed all the time.  It's kicking my rear end.  Besides, I joined MOPS at church and already after one meeting I am feeling more like a woman and happier.  I cried though during the meeting because of a song they played.  I kinda realized at that moment that my life was getting to the point where I could literally cry at the drop of a hat.... I need to change that.  I am sick of crying.  

Anywho... here are some super cute pics!!!!

 When did she grow up????
 Gosh, she is getting so big!

LOVE the crackle!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment