Sunday, July 31, 2011

The past two weeks!!!!

So we finally got back to Maryland yesterday!  We have been gone since the 21st!  It has been crazy!  But thankfully I can say that Charli was an AMAZING traveler!  

On that Thursday we went to Cambridge Springs, PA to visit my childhood BFF.  We haven't seen each other in 9 years.  Since that time, we have both gotten married and she had two kids and I had one.  It was a very special awesome visit!  We got there around dinner and then left the next morning.  Well unfortunately they don't have AC and this was during the East Coast heat wave.  The bedroom we were in was almost 100 degrees that night.  To say the least... Charli wouldn't sleep (we also found out the next day she cut a tooth) and therefore we didn't sleep.  Aaron also didn't sleep because of the heat.  I made him go sleep on the couch in the only room that has a window AC unit.  He wasn't happy with me.  But I am the only one who can handle her when she is like that and one of us had to get sleep and clearly taking care of her meant I wasn't getting sleep.  The next day was special to say the least.  But we did make it to Michigan no problem.  Charli not sleeping that night also meant she slept almost the ENTIRE way to MI.  

We went to visit Papa.  He is in a nursing home type place to transition him back to his house after his surgery.  I didn't realize it was a nursing home.  Did I mention I am PETRIFIED of them.  Scared to death.  Thankfully this place definitely doesn't look like it (or smell like it).  It was gorgeous!  Every different hallway and wing had a totally different theme and was decorated as if it was a 5 star hotel!  Most of the staff was amazing.  I had an issue with a bitchy nurse who didn't want to do her job.  I spoke to someone about her.  Don't mess with my family or treat anyone the way she did.  Anyways.  So we went and visited Papa every day we were in MI.  She was a perfect angel every time we went!  I was amazed.  We even got her to take a few naps there!  I was even able to handle her alone when Aaron ended up leaving for work!  

I was so nervous going into this trip.  Usually Charli can be a difficult kid and doesn't go to anyone else.  She can also be VERY stubborn (like her Dad) and throw temper tantrums (like who knows?!) when she doesn't get her way.  I fully believe she picked up on my anxiety and stress and decided to be the total polar opposite of her normal self.  OK... that makes it sound like she is a terror to live with.  I don't mean it like that.  But she can be very difficult and a situation like we were in could have been a horror story.  I told her every day I was so proud of her and loved her to pieces.  Now normally I tell her I love her about UMMMM 5 million times a day (even when she's screaming her brains out).  On this trip it was probably tripled!  She even cuddled me a lot more than normal.  She is my precious angel!   

So I am glad to report that from the day we got there to the day we left, Papa improved a whole heck of a lot!  We were told it was because Charli and I came.  I would love to believe that.  Every day he just looked better and better and stronger and stronger!  It was still hard to see him in the state he was.  He had a feeding tube a lot and oxygen the whole time.  Not to mention his neck collar he has to wear all the time since his surgery.  To me, Papa has always been so strong and big and tan.  He was so frail looking and pasty white!  It was more stressful than I ever realized it would be!  

There is just too much I want to say in here and type out.  But it's too personal and I think it would hurt more than help.  I feel like it would be therapeutic and maybe a good kick in the ass.  But I'll be good and not put it all out there.  Just please pray for all involved. 

So on another note... as soon as we got home we found out that Aaron's car has crapped out.  Over 4000 dollars in work.  Negative.  We will be a one car family until we find something.  Thankfully we have already found a possibility but are waiting to see if they will be allowed to sell it to us.  Considering we can only afford 150 a month for payments and no down payment... we may just be the luckiest people ever if we get this vehicle.  Fingers crossed.  

Anyways.  I'll leave here with some pictures from the trip.  All in all... even though it was crazy stressful.  It was good.  

 Charli during most of the traveling :)
 Aaron with Abby and Ronnie
 My BFF and her daughter Abby
 Replicating a picture of me with Charli <3
 Charli sleeping through a crazy storm!


 visiting Nana's grave!
 Nana and I and then Charli and I
 Me as a kid, Charli :)
 last day with Papa
 leaving flowers for Nana on our way out of MI

 Papa Nana and I





No comments:

Post a Comment