Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today was a good day....

Two nights ago I got NO sleep.  Last night, storms were coming again so I took some sleeping meds.  THANK GOD for them!  I slept from 11p-10am!  That also means Charli slept that long.  She actually slept longer!  YAY!  Then she only took one nap today but it was for two and a half hours!  

Today I did a lot of thinking about friends.  I miss my friends.  I know I suck at keeping in touch with people.  I can't wait until we have a place so that we can have people over.  I know one thing I struggle with is seeing people and trying to get together when the ONLY place we can do anything is theirs.  I just feel like that isn't fair to them.  I miss entertaining people.  I miss all of the cooking and prep work going into having people over.  Today I made these sweet potato dumplings for Charli and my mom said they would be great as appetizers.  That made me sad.  She hates to have parties and such and so she always gets stressed out if I ask to have people over.  I want to be able to invite our friends who have to travel to see us to stay with us.  I want to be like, come, we have a room for you no matter what.  I miss having game nights with April, Shawna and Marshall!  We loved that!  I mean, I totally understand we have a baby now and half of our friends have kids too.  But that just makes it more fun.  I get to make food for them and come up with games and ideas to keep them entertained too!  I am seriously hoping we are in a house by Charli's first birthday.  Otherwise my mother will have to endure one more stressful day of having a party here.  I can't not have a first birthday.  I will go all out too.  Well as all out as you can for a one year old :)

Charli is so cute.  I love her smile and her laugh.  Now when you go to take a picture of her, the little ham cheeses at you :)  It is just the darndest thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment